Regulatory Case Study
SCENARIO: A top-5 Jetway account is faced with the largest-ever regulatory changes for GHS compliance which need to be made within 12 months. How do they proceed to:
- Make sure the new information is accurate?
- standardize the conversions for thousands of chemical SKUs?
- make all changes with enough lead-time left to sell through old products?
- Communicate the changes to the sales force and end-users?
- Do all this ahead of their competitors?
- Among all chemical vendors there are many conflicting interpretations regarding the regulations. Whose opinions can be trusted?
- Changes will require new labels, paperwork, etc. Who can they rely on to maneuver through the necessary procedures without getting overwhelmed?
- In less than 12 months??
- Many packaging styles and labeling requirements to be changed. One common template will be needed for all chemicals. Which vendor can develop the most efficient format?
SOLUTION: American Jetway.
- Dedicated staff whose sole focus is Regulatory compliance for labels and SDS sheets
- Experience Jetway has provided this service ”free of charge”for 50 years
- Jetway devoted 2 full days at the beginning for on-site meetings with both staffs to develop a game plan.
- Weekly conference call updates with all personnel throughout the process.
- Excellent working relationship with several printing vendors to keep up with the pace of change
- Every SDS and label for every Jetway-manufactured item completed within 6 months – well ahead of all competitors, giving their sales force a distinct advantage and head start.
- A template was developed to enable CPSC and GHS elements to be inserted into every label.
- This same format is now being implemented by all chemical vendors. It is also used to promote the new information in Corporate advertising and catalogs.